Jump to section
- Who are we?
- Ways you can contact us
- How do we collect your personal information?
- What personal information do we collect?
- How do we use your personal information?
- Who do we share your personal information with?
- How long do we keep your personal information for?
- Is your personal information transferred outside the European Economic Area ("EEA")?
- Data Security
- Your legal rights
- Complaints and contact details for our data protection officer
- Changes to this policy
1. Who are we?
We (Comparitec Group Limited) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Comparitec Group Limited's registered office is the Steam Mill Business Centre, Steam Mill Street, Chester, Cheshire, CH3 5AN and our registered company number is 12977777. We are registered with the Information Commissioner's Office with registration number ZB296934
“Personal information” in this policy means any information that we collect that could identify you such as for e.g. your name, address and online identifiers like your IP address.
3. Ways you can contact us
You can contact us at any time by using one of the methods listed below, if you wish to know more about how we use and store your personal information:
- Contact Us Form
- By post to the following address
Comparitec Group Ltd
The Steam Mill Business Centre
Steam Mill Street
4. How do we collect your personal information?
This is information specific to you such as, but not exclusively, your name, email address, telephone number and online identifiers (i.e. IP address).
We collect personal information from you in the following ways:
- when you complete an online form on one of our website
- when you contact us by email or any other means
- when you interact with us using social media such as Twitter, Facebook or Messenger etc
- technical data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns
5. What Personal information do we collect?
We may collect the following information:
- Identity information: includes your first and last name.
- Contact information: includes your email address and mobile telephone number.
- Technical information: includes your internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer (or device) to the internet; your browser; time zone setting; your operating system and platform; the source of your enquiry (for example Google, Facebook, Bing etc) and the device you are using. We also collect information about your visit to our website including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our website (including the date and time); page response times, download errors; length of visits to certain pages; page interaction information (such as scrolling; clicks and mouse-overs); methods used to browse away from the page, and, if you linked to our website from a search engine, the address of that search engine and the search term you used.
6. How do we use your personal information?
6.1 Staying in contact
If you contact us using our contact form, we will use your information to reply to your query and we will keep a record of that correspondence.
6.2 Website analytics
We use technical information to measure and analyse traffic to our website. It allows us to analyse the behaviour and trends to help us further improve our services and our customers' experience.
This is statistical information about our users' browsing actions and patterns and does not identify anyone.
6.3 To meet legal or regulatory requirements
We may process your personal information without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with data protection legislation, where this is required or permitted by law.
Wherever we process your personal information we will make sure that we establish a lawful processing ground in advance. In most cases this will be where the processing is necessary for our legitimate interests (providing they do not outweigh your legitimate interests) and/or where it is necessary to comply with a legal obligation.
7. Who do we share your personal information with?
When you use our website, your personal information will be shared with companies who enable us to provide Our Service or who provide services to us, for example IT Service Providers (who provide for e.g. technology platforms or other IT services including data storage), and communication providers (who provide for e.g. email and text services for customer contact and marketing purposes) and marketing data analysis providers (who provide for e.g. audience insights and analysis).
These companies help us to provide Our Service. In order that they can do this, we may need to let them process your personal information. We will make sure that they keep the information secure and in accordance with our instructions, the UK General Data Protection Regulation 2016 (“UK GDPR”) and other UK privacy legislation.
We'll also share your personal information when we have your consent, or where we are obliged to do so for a legal or regulatory reason, for e.g. to prevent or detect crime, for compliance monitoring or to enforce or apply our Terms & Conditions and other agreements.
8. How long do we keep your personal information for?
Unless we are required by law to keep your personal information for a different period of time, we will keep it for no longer than 12 months from the date you last visited our website, or alternatively until you ask us to delete it.
Please note that if you ask us to delete your personal information it may remain on our backup systems for legal or other regulatory reasons.
9. Is your personal information transferred outside the European Economic Area ("EEA")?
No, we do not transfer personal information outside the EEA.
10. Data security
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal information to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal information on our instructions, and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
11. Your legal rights
- Right to Object - You can object to our processing of your personal data at any time by contacting us as detailed in Ways to contact us in section 3. However, this may mean that we may not be able to respond to your query.
- Right of Access - you can ask us whether we hold your personal information and if so you can access it by contacting us as detailed in section 3.
- Right to erasure - if it is no longer necessary for us to hold your personal information, bearing in mind the reason why you provided it to us, you can ask us to delete it.
- Right to rectification - if we hold inaccurate personal information, you can ask us to correct it and we'll action your request promptly
- Right to restrict our use of your information - you can ask us to restrict our processing of your personal information if you think, for example, that the personal information you gave us is inaccurate
- Right to complain to the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) - we'll try to resolve any complaint that you may have in relation to data protection issues. If you are not happy with our final response you have the right to have your complaint dealt with by the ICO. See section 12 - “Complaints and contact details of our data protection officer.”
12. Complaints and contact details for our data protection officer
We want you to be confident that we are handling your personal information responsibly and in line with good practice. If you are concerned that we are not doing this, you should contact us immediately. We will treat your concern seriously and work with you to try and resolve it.
Please address your correspondence to:
The Data Protection Officer
Comparitec Group Ltd
The Steam Mill Business Centre
Steam Mill Street
13. Changes to this policy
Last updated 14/02/2022